Friday, October 5, 2012

A bit of a departure

It's obvious that I deal mostly with residential design. It's where my heart is, but every once in a while I get the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone.

One of my awesome clients is moving in to her own office space for her neurofeedback practice and she asked me to help her outfit the new digs. It's a practice that only requires a waiting room and her treatment room, but the program is long and the space is cozy.

Our CAD was down when we needed to brainstorm furniture arrnagements, so we got back to basics and brought out the paper dolls of furniture. If you're not familiar with Neurofeedback, it's very interesting and it helping all kinds of patients (migraines, autism, ADD). From a space planning perspective, the patient must be in close proximity to a television screen and the practitioner must be able to see the screen and work at their computer.




The winner!
More details on how we furnished such a space on a budget to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...