Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Moody Cocktails

My book club is coming over next week for cocktails and to discuss this month's pick, which I haven't read yet, but it sounds like every other woman in the country is -- 50 Shades of Gray. I think I'll need to focus on the bar in order to prepare myself for that conversation. 

Entertaining has me thinking about how I'll set up my house for food and drinks. I found these two different setups and they both have me thinking about how each is functional.  I would kill to have the space to create a designated moody bar. The top image reminds me of a hotel I stayed at in London where you could duck into a little alcove, poor yourself a drink and then join the rest of the party. It's the perfect entertaining setup.  

Via my pinterest

Since I don't have the room, the tabletop version would suffice. Glasses laid out for guests and when the party is over, back in the cabinet it all goes, but I still love how this photo captures the moody vibe. Now off to Amazon to order the book.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...