Sunday, January 1, 2012

Outside the box

As we rang in 2012 and the usual question of New Year's Resolutions was posed, I found myself thinking of the normal response: get organized, exercise, appreciate the little things in life, enjoy friends and family, eat less pizza and fast food ( okay, so maybe this just applies to me), etc. The list is too long to post about.

However, what I really want to do this year is to think outside the box. Challenge myself to see everyday items or rooms in a new light. Keep growing, keep reinventing as the images below demonstrate.

A sliding barn door as a shower door

A pop of color in an unexpected place like moulding while leaving the walls white.

Taking an everyday item like the Ikea Expedit bookcases and making them look extraordinary (and expensive)

Using a garage door instead of a door (if only I lived in a climate where I could do this more than 2 months a year)

Bringing an outside planter and boxwood inside

Hanging a mirror the last place I would want one, but so wonderful.

Using lighting as the art, brilliant Mrs. Howard.

And rethinking an ordinary attic space into an incredible, sophisticated 4 person guest room. So outside the box.

Hope your New Years is off to a great start.

All images via my pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...